Leaving on a Jet Plane

4 Jun

Wednesday I set off for Orange County to attend the wedding of a childhood friend. This is what I wore to the airport – comfortable, casual, and I didn’t have to worry about fitting these giant JC wedges in my bag. As you can see from photos, the SF weather left much to be desired… hot and sunny So Cal has been a pleasant change.

The wedding was GORGEOUS, and the bride was pretty enough to take your breath away. My sister and I cried about 18 times. It was at Pelican Hill – a resort in Newport Coast – and the ceremony was on a golf course overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It was like a dream, really. They had a book of photos where she wears the most incredible wedding dresses you’ve ever seen. I am on a mission to get my hands on those photos for the blog, so stay tuned!

Re: the random picture of blueberry pancakes, I had a Betty Crocker moment and felt like whipping up a batch. They look pretty, but to be honest, tasted pretty bad. Look at Lola’s head in the backround — it is so cute and small!

Excited for a relaxing weekend at home with my parents. Sex and the City tonight, shopping and catching up with my best friend Michelle tomorrow! My mom informed me that she will be coming over — an arrangement they made via facebook. My mom loves Facebook.

Hope you all have a good weekend! xxLaura

*wearing Imitation of Christ jeans, James Perse tee, Zara belt, Chanel Pendant by St. Eve, Jeffrey Campbell wedges

11 Lovely Comments on “Leaving on a Jet Plane”

1. Elena 25. Jun, 2010 at 3:36 am #

Where can I find the chanel pendant? I love it!
    Thanks!

2. Angel 13. Jun, 2010 at 2:16 am #

3. Mara 10. Jun, 2010 at 12:19 am #

I am so looking forward to friend’s weddings. I know I’ll bawl my eyes out though! Those shoes look awesome. This is the perfect outfit for traveling!

4. Michelle Elaine 08. Jun, 2010 at 8:44 am #

This outfit is fab! With a pair of aviators you’d be rocking the “Yea what I’m famous” look :) I’m also pretty envious of your shoes!!! WANT! And hey your hair looks way darker here than in the above post?

KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.
    .-= Michelle Elaine´s last blog ..Lord Of Dog Town =-.

5. Friend in Fashion 07. Jun, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

The OC was one of my favourite stops along the west coast!

Your outfit is casual, yet perfectly chic! Adore your wedges! :)

Luv, Friend in Fashion
    x

6. amanda 07. Jun, 2010 at 5:30 pm #

Congrats on the weardrobe feat. Much deserved, I am sure. Frothing at the mouth to see the dress shots!
    .-= amanda´s last blog ..Schooled =-.

7. Lainey 05. Jun, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Love your wedges! They’re so chic. And look like they go with everything.
    .-= Lainey´s last blog ..Today was a Fairytale =-.

8. Lucia 05. Jun, 2010 at 9:42 am #

Love love the outfit! The shoes are to die for and the jewelry too!
    The funniest picture is the last one, your dog looking at the pancakes! looove it!
    .-= Lucia´s last blog ..Summer Hottest Dresses =-.

9. taylor 05. Jun, 2010 at 9:29 am #

I love this laid back outfit!! I also love the shoes! Great look babe!!

10. Michelle @ Glisters & Blisters . 05. Jun, 2010 at 1:12 am #

i love your JC wedges and the carga jacket !
    2 more days to enter my We Love Colors tights giveaway
    .-= Michelle @ Glisters & Blisters .´s last blog ..Not quite French.. =-.

11. Fay 04. Jun, 2010 at 10:20 am #

I love your outfit, perfect for a day of flying :)
    those shoes are awesome!
    .-= Fay´s last blog ..View from the Top =-.