Go upstairs and put something over it

7 Jun

In order to fully understand the title, you have to listen to this quick sound clip.  While I realize this is my second time using a Clueless reference for one of my titles, I thought it appropriate given the circumstances…

I’ve recently been contemplating how to wear my new T by Alexander Wang dress without looking like a total hoebag. Blake asked me if it was underwear upon excitedly trying it on last week. I decided the solution to a see through dress, among other things, is layers-galore… so I paired it with my trusty pleated skirt!

Since returning to SF last night I have been struggling to re-adjust to my laziness-free life, nurse my flaming sunburn, and get used to my newly lightened hair. But it’s all downhill after Monday, right?!

Apologies for the less than radical pictures lately. Working 8 to 5 (or 6 or 7) does not always allow for prime sunlight, but Blake and I are doing our best! Hope everyone had a sunshine-filled, joyous weekend, and here’s to an even better week! xx

p.s. SO excited to discover that I was the Weardrobe featured blogger today! Wee! Check it out here.

*wearing: T by Alexander Wang dress, Seneca Rising skirt, H&M denim vest, Jeffrey Campbell cage boots, H&M thigh-high socks, vintage necklace, Alexander Wang bag

Tryin out this new lookbook widget. Hype if you like:

9 Lovely Comments on “Go upstairs and put something over it”

1. Danielle 15. Jun, 2010 at 10:04 am #

I loveeee the combination of these knees socks and heels!

2. Kristina 09. Jun, 2010 at 7:28 pm #

I looooooove this look. :) So pretty chic and trendy all wrapped into one cute little ensemble!

3. Nikki 08. Jun, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

I love this look, very laid back but chic and i really like the layers. The purse is gorgeous!

4. Victor Nightingale 08. Jun, 2010 at 11:16 am #

let me understand something… Blake was trying on a dress?

5. Michelle Elaine 08. Jun, 2010 at 8:42 am #

High five to the layers & thigh high or I guess knee high socks! I’m such a dummy when it comes to pulling off layers.

KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.
    .-= Michelle Elaine´s last blog ..Lord Of Dog Town =-.

6. Hannah 08. Jun, 2010 at 4:20 am #

Give as many Clueless references as your heart desires, that movie is a classic! I love the way you layered the dress, especially with those socks. Great outfit!

xoxo Hannah

7. Ashley 07. Jun, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

Congrats on being featured on Weardrobe, how cool!! And I *love* absolutely everything about this outfit – you are the master of layering!
    .-= Ashley´s last blog ..Village Gate =-.

8. brookemeagan 07. Jun, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

One of my all-time favourite moments in Clueless! I think you mastered this look. The thigh-highs work perfectly with your cage boots and a denim vest might be might new must-have layering piece of the summer! xx
    .-= brookemeagan´s last blog ..A Curly Contribution =-.

9. Lucia 07. Jun, 2010 at 9:49 pm #

Your looks are so awesome! love ’em all!! Absolutely adore your syle!
    .-= Lucia´s last blog ..Interview with Lira Leirner =-.