Flower Power

12 Aug

I guess you could say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Just one of those days, you know what I mean?

Felt sick, looked like crap, got a bullshit $65 parking ticket, and on and on.

And then it happened… the sun came out for the first time in weeks – just what I needed to brighten my day. I chugged a kombucha, put on some summer(ish) gear, applied coral lipstick, and voilà!.. things are lookin’ up.

…sun, if you’re listening, please stick around… San Francisco needs you.

*wearing: LF shorts & hat, random leotard, Margiela platforms

38 Lovely Comments on “Flower Power”

1. real estate news 12. May, 2014 at 10:27 pm #

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I’m quite sure I’ll learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

2. KaitlynMcCall 29. Aug, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

I L0VE this hat! It is adorable!
    Such a great blog : )
    Just found it and I will definitely be stopping back soon for future posts :)

I’d L0VE if you took a peek at my blog

3. chloe 22. Aug, 2010 at 5:19 am #

wow, that hat is beautful! x

4. Ruby 19. Aug, 2010 at 12:12 pm #

I’m jealous yall still have Kombucha, i’m starting to wonder if ours will evr come back. Bleh.
    But you look so cute in this pic! That hat

5. Ambersnotebook.com 18. Aug, 2010 at 11:59 am #

Wow I love that hat! Those shorts are darling as well!

6. sterling style 16. Aug, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

very cool hat! You look beautiful! I love this!! Awesome shoes!

7. Marilyn-Jeaux 16. Aug, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

You have such a cutie pie girl next door face. =D
    I love the floral shorts and hat combo.

8. thehautepursuit 16. Aug, 2010 at 10:59 am #

Hey girl. yeah i totally know what u mean about those shitty days. the sun is the like the most awesome-est way to wake up ever. I swear I literally JUMP outta bed in the morning now. I guess I’m a little kooky that way :P

I always like seeing other people in floral prints–automatic smile :) and cool ass hat mamma!

9. Jessica 15. Aug, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

Such an adorable outfit. I love that skirt!

10. michelle elaine 15. Aug, 2010 at 11:29 am #

im having one of those days now and the sun simply isn’t helping :/

11. The fashion moodboard 15. Aug, 2010 at 2:41 am #

Love your outfit and that hat is amazing!
    I’m now following you!

12. I V Y 14. Aug, 2010 at 3:50 pm #

your margiela’s are amazing! i love the shorts too!
    you’re gorgeous!

i became a fan on fb and and following you!

13. aurora 14. Aug, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

lovely outfit
    and i am in love with your hat!

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)

14. Anna Jane 14. Aug, 2010 at 8:51 am #

You look great – love those culottes!

I’ve been working in San Francisco for the past year and a half (but live in Chicago) and the weather is just out of control right now. I travel back and forth between the two cities and in Chicago it 100% humidity and 90 degrees and SF is 50 degrees and misty!! eek, it’s been a rough “summer.”

xx anna jane

15. Lucy 14. Aug, 2010 at 3:45 am #

I love those shoes just sooo much!!

16. Jemina 13. Aug, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

Babe, you have the BEST style

I HYPE HYPE and HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With much much Love and Best Wishes,

17. Fay 13. Aug, 2010 at 8:48 pm #

SO ADORABLE laura!
    im glad the sun came up to cheer you up!
    if you think about it tho, the weather in sf made us get more creative with our wardrobes, of how to look warm while mixing up some summer pieces. It takes practice, and you my friend have mastered it!

18. Collette Osuna 13. Aug, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

Just found your blog….love it!!

Those wedges and hat are just tooo cute for words!

19. Kat 13. Aug, 2010 at 5:10 pm #

thanks for commenting on my blog. This is such a cute outfit!!

I’m following your blog now, it would be great if you could do the same and follow mine.

20. Nádia 13. Aug, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

21. Flor de Maria 13. Aug, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

I am loving the hat, the shoes, the whole outfit! Just fabulous :)

22. Tony Wang 13. Aug, 2010 at 11:52 am #

OMG that hat is LOVE! I wish I could pull off hats, my head seems to despise hats of any form on it.

Awww to the parking ticket. I hate parking in the Bay Area now. I just want a segway or magic carpet to take me places. Parking is such a major bitch now! I remember when I was younger (like 3 years ago) when I was in high school and parking was relatively easy if you were patient. Now it’s near impossible.

And I’ve tried kombucha too. Not sure it’s my cup of tea, but perhaps have to try again.

OMG Laura, do you realize during NYFW that I will be looking forward to every outfit you put on? Haha. Just letting it out there we have high expectations for you! =p

23. m.fay 13. Aug, 2010 at 10:57 am #

only you could pull off a hat like that, love it! happy weekend to you my dear.

m.fay of amateur couture

24. Alicia 13. Aug, 2010 at 9:52 am #

i’m praying the sun comes out this weekend too!!! :) love the floral LF shorts and that hat is too cute on you!

25. Lynzy 13. Aug, 2010 at 5:05 am #

That hat is so flipping adorable on you!! Obsessing over this outfit…

Xo Lynzy

26. Anthea 13. Aug, 2010 at 12:48 am #

Love this outfit! The hat and skirt as so cute and the shoes are awesome!

27. Victoria Fenix 12. Aug, 2010 at 10:52 pm #

Love this look ;)
    A kiss,

28. amaturecouture 12. Aug, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

oh dahlingggggg, those shorts are to dieeeeee for! keep it coming dear!!!

29. Rach is Ordinarily Urbane 12. Aug, 2010 at 9:43 pm #

Sorry you’re not feeling well! You definitely don’t show it in this adorable outfit.

Also, what’s this kombucha all about? You’re about the 7th person I’ve heard talk about it and I’m beginning to feel like it’s something I need to look into. I thought I read a few months ago that Whole Foods banned it? Do tell!

Yeah! They Whole Foods banned it bc there were apparently traces of alcohol or something like that (not a problem in my book…). I guess it’s great for your skin, liver, nails, everything… and it totally gives you energy! I usually drink this kind http://www.synergydrinks.com/home.aspx

Rach is Ordinarily Urbane Reply:

Thank you so much, Laura! All of those things sound great to me, especially the energy. I’m definitely going to give it a try :)

Vida Reply:

Where do you get that one Laura? That’s the one that has been banned all over here. I just picked up two other brands at Mother’s to try them out. I need energy!!!

They used to have it at Whole Foods but they banned it there. I guess it had traces of alcohol in it or something (which may be why I like it so much). They have it at most of the little corner stores around here.

30. Vida 12. Aug, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

Great blog post. I love the shoes! I am glad the sun came out and cheered you up. I am putting in an order for sun and hot weather for when you come down here next week. Can’t wait!

31. Emma 12. Aug, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

I am Really Loving that Hat ! So Chic : )

32. WendyB 12. Aug, 2010 at 8:25 pm #

You look fab! Great shoes.

33. brit 12. Aug, 2010 at 7:51 pm #

is that your patio/stoop/balcony?!? it’s incredible! i need to make it up there soon, i’m missing it!

i’m absolutely loving the vintage hat and shorts mixed with a sexy modern black top… and of course, the shoes.

i’d send you some los angeles sunshine if i could!

Yeah it’s our backyard! We’re pretty lucky to have one in SF.

I’m headed home to Orange County next weekend for a wedding – hopefully I’ll be able to soak up a little southern California sunshine :)

If you come to SF you’ve got to let me know so we can get together for lunch or drinks! xx