Not your average tea party

27 Sep

This under.ligne by Doo.Ri dress is officially my favorite new piece. It fits like a glove, and the leather and mesh panelling adds the perfect dose of edge to an otherwise simple LBD.

During our New York visit, I was SO honored to be invited to Doo-Ri’s studio (along with some amazing bloggers) for a “Crafternoon Tea”. The adorable little party – complete with mini-sandwiches, Magnolia cupcakes, and of course, tea! – was in celebration of Ms. Chung’s collaboration with talented jewelry designer, Melissa Joy Manning. We chit-chatted the afternoon away, all the while exercising our fingers for the sake of friendship bracelets. Yep, that’s right, Melissa Joy Manning taught me to make jewelry!

We got a sneak preview of their INCREDIBLE collaboration, and while I swore I’d never use the phrase “I Die”, it pretty much hits the nail on the head. Think giant spike rings with chain draping, thick, embellished cuffs, and metal gloves. My heart skipped a beat.

The entire collection has not yet been released, but click here for a little taste from the Doo.Ri S/S 2011 show.

Huge thanks to Deanne for inviting me, and of course Doo-Ri and Melissa for hosting such a lovely party!!

*wearing: under.ligne seamed leather dress c/o Doo-Ri, LF lace jacket, Deena & Ozzy hat, JC platforms

26 Lovely Comments on “Not your average tea party”

1. charles 29. Sep, 2010 at 4:03 pm #

finally, ive stumbled across a seriously enrinched blog! x

2. LateAfternoon 29. Sep, 2010 at 11:23 am #

I’m going to steal that hat next time I come over along with those topshop wedges you have.
    Looking great! Love the editing of these images.

3. Abi 29. Sep, 2010 at 9:41 am #

Loving this ensemble! Especially that lace jacket. Such a nice addition to the outfit.

4. Christina of Profresh Style 29. Sep, 2010 at 9:19 am #

loving the leather panels. Works so well on you!

5. Grace 29. Sep, 2010 at 2:41 am #

I love this look, it’s so perfect for afternoon tea:)

6. Grace 29. Sep, 2010 at 12:48 am #

Love the shoes. And these sheer cardigan was made for the light!

Love Grace.

7. fashionista on tour 28. Sep, 2010 at 10:30 pm #

The dress is absolutely unbelievable and so are the shoes!
    You picys always have that romantic look with the perfect light! I think I officially have to include you in my blog roll right now!

8. Rach is Ordinarily Urbane 28. Sep, 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Oh my that dress is perfect! I love anything that makes you do a double take – simple from afar but detailed up close. So pretty :)

And I’ve been on the lookout for a hat like the one you’re wearing here. Funny you mention ‘I Die,’ because it’s totally something I could see in R. Zoe’s closet.

9. Rebecca from See You in Sweden 28. Sep, 2010 at 9:48 pm #

Such a cool mix of things, this outfit really is great and says a lot!

10. Marcia B. 28. Sep, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

Omg i completely loved that lace jacket on you at NY fashion week, i photographed you twice, leaving MB Fashion week fiercely down those stares and you look like such a diva, love your style, here is your picture….DARN I CUT OFF THE SHOES…how dare i…lol

Wow, that is so cool!! Your pictures are amazing!! Thanks so much for sending the link my way! xx

11. Hannah 28. Sep, 2010 at 6:06 pm #

I love this! The cardigan adds such a sweet touch to it and that dress is to die for!

12. gina 28. Sep, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

that lace throw on is incredible. link to it?

x
    ginaespo.blogspot.com

13. Menina Elegante 28. Sep, 2010 at 1:54 pm #

fantastic dress!! i love it too death!! and your little overlay is stunning!!

bjs!
    menina elegante

14. Rachele 28. Sep, 2010 at 11:47 am #

beautiful outfit and blog! i love it! great shoes! they’re my fav in this post! <3

15. Amber's notebook 28. Sep, 2010 at 8:59 am #

I am loving that lace jacket! And that last picture is amazing!

16. Anthea 28. Sep, 2010 at 2:30 am #

You looks lovely! Love the shoes and the contrast of the soft white lace jacket.

17. Emma 27. Sep, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

Those shoes Rock ! The whole outfit really rocks but I had to call out the shoes : )

18. jennie going west 27. Sep, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

love your dress, laura! and the hair for doo.ri from nyfw2010 last february was AMAZING. you should recreate it :)

Wow, just looked it up – amazing indeed!!

19. brit 27. Sep, 2010 at 9:59 pm #

lace and leather done right. absolutely adore that jacket! and you should totally wear a hat all the time- so damn cute on you.

b

20. Flor de Maria 27. Sep, 2010 at 9:48 pm #

Love the whole outfit and your shoes are fabulous!!!

21. Marilyn-Jeaux 27. Sep, 2010 at 9:20 pm #

I could not agree with you more. I swore I would never say “I die” when I saw that everyone and their cute old granny was saying it from describing an F21 bag to a Wang. I ate my words today though. Someone mentioned something about Alexander Skarsgard (the hottie mc hottie deluxe from True Blood) and when I thought of him it was so fitting to say “I die.”

Now enough of my infatuated banter

The shoes really stand out to me and I could already guess that they were JC. I may have to take a look at these. They look a bit more comfortable than my Clinics. I was surprised to see the lace jacket was from LF. It looks like a vintage find. The Chanel necklace is reminding me of something Carrie Bradshaw would wear. I could see her strutting in Manolo Blahniks, cropped cargos, a tube top and the chain you have on.

Thank you!! “I die” for Alexander Skarsgard too. Ha! The necklace is St.Eve – my friend is the designer!! You should check out her stuff: http://www.facebook.com/pages/StEve/340861266236?ref=ts

22. Kimberly Wright 27. Sep, 2010 at 8:44 pm #

I love how vintage looking your lace cardigan looks! Great outfit!

23. Vida 27. Sep, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

I think this may be my favorite post to date. I love the outfit. The dress is stunning and fits you perfectly! And the lace jacket – WOW! And Blake did such a nice job with the photography. Love the shadows and how the light shines through the lace in the last picture, giving you a “saintly” glow! Great job!