Sunshining Armor

11 Oct

This has been one of the best weekends I’ve had in a while. Blake, Lola and I spent so much time outside enjoying the glorious warm weather that finally struck San Francisco. It makes me so happy to be able to leave the house without a jacket, and its about time I got to wear these leather Zara shorts I got over a month ago!

Isn’t this “sweater” neat? The thread its knit with is very metal-esque… it has an armored knight kind of vibe, I feel.

It was Fleet Week so we watched the jaw-dropping air show two days in a row… Saturday from my brother’s roof deck, and Sunday from the patio of a local Mexican restaurant, while snacking and sipping margaritas. The Blue Angels are mind-blowing – it’s incredible to see planes fly that close together!

I was one of the lucky few that had a work holiday today. There’s nothing better than a 3-day weekend. Happy Columbus Day! I spoiled myself with a massage at Burke Williams, which was nothing short of glorious. I’m a total advocate of the occasional pamper-fest… it’s just good for the soul.

*wearing: Zara shorts, Vince sweater, JC sandals, vintage Christian Dior sunglasses

23 Lovely Comments on “Sunshining Armor”

1. Adrianna 18. Oct, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

I’m quite smitten with this look. I love the distressed color on the shorts and those shoes are wicked!

2. Amber's notebook 13. Oct, 2010 at 10:37 pm #

What a bad ass outfit!! I missed fleet week this year, I was sick..too bad!

3. Nina 13. Oct, 2010 at 6:53 pm #

Im not sure what I love more, the shorts or the weater…and u r gorgeous!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

4. bravegrrl 13. Oct, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

loving the off the shoulder look!

5. Marilyn-Jeaux 13. Oct, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

I’ve never seen shorts like this in stores and I love that you paired the tan with the metal “sweater”. You always have a fun twist that works. Your talent for mixing the unique reminds me of Karen from Wheredidyougetthat. I’m convinced that in your closet anything goes and everything works! Haha. I wish

6. thestreetfashion5xpro 13. Oct, 2010 at 9:25 am #

I really like your look! Love the shorts!!!
    Lovely shots!

7. juliette 13. Oct, 2010 at 8:26 am #

This look is amazing ! I’m in love with your blog ! XOXO – http://queenjuls.blogspot.com

8. Emma 13. Oct, 2010 at 1:51 am #

This outfit is Perfection. That is all I can say : )

9. Rosa&Carlotta 13. Oct, 2010 at 1:42 am #

Great! I love the leather shorts :)

check out our fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

10. Emily//the lesser panda 12. Oct, 2010 at 6:20 pm #

I love the leather shorts combo with your sweater! I definitely don’t see that combo around here in DC.

11. Rebecca from See You in Sweden 12. Oct, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

coolest sweater ever, really!!

12. Margot 12. Oct, 2010 at 11:57 am #

Those leather shorts are fabulous! I have been looking for a good pair of leather shorts to add to my wardrobe, I think I may go for a pair I spotted at Urban Outfitters or a faux leather pair from Rachel Rachel Roy. Don’t worry you won’t have to put them away when the cold weather is back you can wear them with tights and I am sure they will look just as lovely. Great combo as always!

-Margot

13. Rachel 12. Oct, 2010 at 9:23 am #

Just stumbled on your blog and fell in love with your style! And your blog layout is so clever with the hanger in the ‘r’!

Following your blog and just added you to my blogroll!

14. TatoOm 12. Oct, 2010 at 7:54 am #

What a wonderfull style, im just loving it sooo much that now im a follower. Those shorts are amazing it looks so great on you.
    Pls visit me and let me know what you think and if you like what you see and want to follow me back then that would be great;)

15. kristen 12. Oct, 2010 at 7:52 am #

such a creative pairing! those shorts are FAB!!! you own that look.

16. Lainey 12. Oct, 2010 at 7:27 am #

Aaaaaah! Those are the shorts I’ve been craving for awhile now. You look so great in them!! I love that they’re brown instead of black.

17. Becca 12. Oct, 2010 at 6:57 am #

those are quite possibly the best leather shorts I’ve seen in a while – too great.

18. Meghan 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:48 pm #

loooove it! this weather has been amazing and i, too am loving leather shorts of recent. got myself a pair a while back, but haven’t yet done an outfit post with them! did a post here though on them: http://witwhimsy.com/2010/09/20/covet-vs-catch-leather-shorts/

19. Alexandra G. 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:47 pm #

Amazing outfit, I love how the sunglasses’ lenses pick up the warm tone of the shorts. Very chic and cool, you look beautiful as per usual.

Alexandra xo

20. heather skelton 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

♥ the shorts!!! yes i agree….pampering is absolutely necessary!

♥ ♥ ♥ the soundoflace.blogspot.com ♥ ♥ ♥

21. Moda Epidemic 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

In love with leather shorts. They’d look good with boots as well..they’re definitely a year round item.

22. Alicia 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:11 pm #

Oh I have been wanting that Vince sweater – I love that you paired it with the leather shorts. And I am beyond jealous that you got a day off + a massage! How lovely!!

23. Christina of Profresh Style 11. Oct, 2010 at 10:04 pm #

you are a doll and those shorts are too amazing. and wait, can we please talk about the shoes?! HELLOOO..!

xx,