OnTheMap: San Francisco Shopping

15 Oct

People often ask what my favorite stores are in SF, and I always wind up forgetting a few! To give justice to all the glorious fashion spots in the city, I figured I’d create a little map of my local haunts. There are so many amazing (often under-appreciated and sometimes hidden) places to shop here and below are a few of my top picks… just in time for the weekend.

View OnTheMap: SF Shopping and store descriptions on a larger map

Hopefully you’ll find this useful if you live here, are visiting, or planning a trip to SF soon! Click on the map markers for the name, a brief description, and links for each store and be sure to let me know some of your own favorite spots around the city. Any I left out?

9 Lovely Comments on “OnTheMap: San Francisco Shopping”

1. Rachel 01. Dec, 2010 at 11:11 am #

Thank you for this!! Can’t wait to check out as much as I can when I visit in a couple of weeks :)

2. LF San Francisco 21. Oct, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

Hey Laura, we love your blog and your style! Thanks for the shout out!

3. Moda Epidemic 18. Oct, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

Thanks for sharing. I should bookmark this. Oakland has also some awesome vintage stores and one of them is Pretty Penny.

4. Margot 18. Oct, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

Love this! I absolutley LOVE LF and Shotwell. If you’re in Hayes Valley check out Nida. They are across the street from Stacks and right next to the new Ver Unica they have beautiful clothing. All of the contemporary French designers which are hard to find in the states. Vanessa Bruno, Paul and Joe, Étoile Isabel Marant. They have a HUGE sale twice a year (similar to LF) and mark down all of their clothing and it becomes really reasonable. I got a lovely pair of Isabel Marant boots for $50 during the last sale. AMAZING! I will have to check out Cris and Belljar they sound lovely. Thanks for the tips :)

5. Amanda 16. Oct, 2010 at 9:30 am #

Thanks Laura for this! I’m actually flying from NYC to LA next month and my friends and I are going to road trip to SF. Can’t wait!

6. Kara 16. Oct, 2010 at 8:42 am #

Have you been to Dina Louise on Divisadero? I stumbled in there the last time I was in San Francisco – amazing vintage pieces!

gina espo Reply:

agreed! also, no. on valencia & after life on valencia!

7. brookemeagan 16. Oct, 2010 at 7:25 am #

This is such a great thing to do! I desperately wish I lived in San Francisco and could spend my Saturday visiting your favorite gems, but since I don’t, I’m bookmarking this for future reference. I’ve been planning a trip to SF for quite some time now and it looks like it might actually happen in the summer of 2011! It sounds far away but it is close enough for me to get giddy about. Of course it’s not like I’ve started a countdown already or anything ;) xx

8. Kathleen Carla 16. Oct, 2010 at 1:32 am #

thanks so much for this post! definitely will print out this map when I go back to SF again for some serious shopping :). lovee your style, so def am interested in trying out your fav shops! <3
    Love, KC.