Take A Hike

14 Nov

T by Alexander Wang Sweat Shorts - OnTheRacks
T by Alexander Wang Shorts - OnTheRacks Style Blog
T by Alexander Wang Shorts - OnTheRacks Style Blog
T by Alexander Wang Sweat Shorts - OnTheRacks

Saturday was Lola’s third birthday, so we celebrated by taking her on a hike on the beautiful Mt. Tamalpais. I am not very rugged but I do have a soft spot for the outdoors, and our little outing made me very nostalgic for the camping trips I used to take with my family as a little girl.

Our “Indian Summer” is stretching itself out into November this year and I couldn’t be happier… such a lovely, warm weekend.

Is it just me or do the weekends always end way too soon?

*head to toe: Chanel sunglasses, Urban Outfitters bra, T by Alexander Wang shorts, Hunter boots

29 Lovely Comments on “Take A Hike”

1. emily//the lesser panda 19. Nov, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

love that you wore wellies to complete your outfit!! they are a great piece even on a sunny day.

2. brittin 17. Nov, 2010 at 9:05 am #

I just found your blog..super cute! Great style.. I’ll be back :)

brittin

3. Chelea Reyes 17. Nov, 2010 at 8:43 am #

I love it on Mt. Tam. Glad you enjoyed it! But I am dying to know… how the heck did you hike up a mountain wearing rain boots?

Haha it was easy!! They are so comfortable and have amazing traction! :)

4. Styles 'n Cream 16. Nov, 2010 at 7:31 pm #

What a stylish hiker you are. Love it!

I just found your blog and I love it. You have a new follower in me.

Come check out my blog if you have a chance.

5. Carolyn 16. Nov, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

when i go hiking i look like such a bum, you look adorable! :)

6. Lainey 15. Nov, 2010 at 7:50 pm #

That last picture is beyond beautiful. And you look very peaceful and ethereal in it.

7. Shilpi 15. Nov, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

I love the hiking outfit! You look great :)

8. Margot 15. Nov, 2010 at 12:27 pm #

I must say, you are an incredibly stylish hiker. I must re-think my hiking outfit choices, they usually consist of work-out clothes and cotton headbands. If I had known you could look so lovely in the great outdoors, I maybe would partake in the activities more often. ;) Looks like you had a lovely weekend.
    Margot

9. ece 15. Nov, 2010 at 11:46 am #

wonderful!

10. jennine 15. Nov, 2010 at 11:18 am #

wow! you look so great on your hikes… i ususally end up in jeans an sneakers. every time.

11. he 15. Nov, 2010 at 10:23 am #

love the exposed bra, great look very sexy

-He approves

Fashion by He

12. martina 15. Nov, 2010 at 10:02 am #

i also went for a walk this weekend, but i guess i didn’t look as good as you did! the combination with the rain boots and the shorts are fabulous! you are so right, the weekends always end too soon!

13. Amelia 15. Nov, 2010 at 2:25 am #

Wow, you look amazing! I wish I could go out walking in bare legs and wellies, but unfortunately English weather is very cold now.

Happy Birthday to Lola! Hope she had a lovely birthday hike.

14. Alexandra G. 15. Nov, 2010 at 1:16 am #

YES the weekends have been way too brief, it’s the shorter days I think. Lovely outfit as always, I love the femme touch with the bra!

Alexandra xo

15. Kjersti 14. Nov, 2010 at 10:26 pm #

I read your blog religiously, and this post is by far my favorite! Your pictures/outfit are stunning (especially for being “rugged”).

Cheers!
    –KJ

16. Rach is Ordinarily Urbane 14. Nov, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

You’re probably the best dressed hiker I’ve ever seen! Lots of props for wearing those Hunters, they look so cute but get so heavy after a while!

And happy bday to the pup :)

17. thehautepursuit 14. Nov, 2010 at 9:45 pm #

i love those shorts!!!! I like how they look like mens underwear :p
    and omg. warm november?!? say whhhhhaaatttt!
    V

18. eat.sleep.wear. 14. Nov, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

only u could look this good in wellies and a bra!! HOTTTT. love this. xo, Kim http://www.eatsleepwear.com

19. Amber's notebook 14. Nov, 2010 at 9:23 pm #

omg HOT!! You look fab for a hike!!

20. Shelby from NIF 14. Nov, 2010 at 9:23 pm #

Love how the blue from the boots is so close to the blue from the sky. GREAT Photos! I need to go hiking there one day.

Add that to the list.

Shelby from NIF Reply:

p.s. YOUR BLOG IS ADORABLE. love the simplicity.

21. Vida 14. Nov, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

A little disappointed I didn’t see the birthday doggie in the pictures! But it looks like you were in a beautiful spot with gorgeous weather. You should do that more often!

Sorry – Blake did take a few cute Lola pictures… I will email them to you :)

Vida Reply:

Ok -I want to see my grand puppy on her b’day!

22. Fay 14. Nov, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

I like your rugged side!

23. Nickie Frye 14. Nov, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

Girl! I didn’t know you lived in Marin?! I live in Marin! How the heck did you hike Mt Tam in those boots? I can barely walk on flat ground with my rubber boots on. They’re like walking in buckets. It has been a gorgeous weekend! :)

We live in SF, but it was a quick drive over! I loved it and plan to head up north on the weekend more often :)

I couldn’t believe how comfy the Hunter boots were to hike in – plus I got to jump in all the streams and mud puddles which was fun!

Nickie Frye Reply:

I highly recommend Petaluma (downtown) & wine tasting in Sonoma, if you want to go even farther north. So lovely!