Study This

2 Nov

San Francisco Outfit Lookbook

Bowie Scarf, Jennifer Ouellette hat, Madewell socks, Steve Madden boots, NamuDDalgi sweater (multiple colors!), Rag & Bone skirt

This outfit is sort of like f/w 2010 fashion meets Britney Spears circa “hit me baby one more time”. Perhaps I have been watching too many Gossip Girl re-runs, but I’m really loving this bundled up, preppy look (with a little sass, of course) for fall.

I just ordered these Steve Madden heels today after spotting them in my Shop It To Me Salemail. Such an amazing price for a staple brown boot!

A new little sock trick I’ve been exploring is slouched thigh-highs (see the look here). To be honest, I love the idea of over the knee socks, but with a short enough skirt I tend to start feeling like a street walker. Just bunch ’em down for a leg warmer-effect and you’re good to go!

I won’t even get started on that hat…

6 Lovely Comments on “Study This”

1. Amy 04. Nov, 2010 at 8:53 am #

I have the Steve Madden boots in black – amazing. I got them right when they were released (actually, my boyfriend gave them to me as a birthday present) and I squealed when I took them out of the box. Can’t say I’ve ever actually done that before.

2. Marilyn-Jeaux 04. Nov, 2010 at 7:58 am #

I actually loved Britney circa “Hit me baby one more time”. This does look like an updated version of that preppy look.

3. Fashionista on tour 03. Nov, 2010 at 3:14 pm #

Those heels are absolutely fabulous.
    Also to be honest the preppy look will always be in. I can’t wait to see you wearing this outfit!

Next post maybe?

4. Anna Jane 03. Nov, 2010 at 6:25 am #

i love scrunched socks–it’s the 90s child in me! i’m would probably wear anything that the GG cast wears, no matter what season. i’m pretty sure i just wore what serena wore in the pilot episode the other weekend (dark jeans, camel leather jacket, striped shirt)

5. Margot 02. Nov, 2010 at 10:22 pm #

Love this look! The scrunched thigh highs are perfect and the skirt is really cute. Let’s be honest who wouldn’t want to be Blair? Her clothes are always so lovely, and I have never seen anyone rock a headband as well as Ms. Waldorf. :)

Margot

6. Alexandra G. 02. Nov, 2010 at 9:45 pm #

Um well I’m watching my first episode of GG right NOW so I guess I’ll see what you’re talking about soon! From a totally Gossip-Girl-virgin stance though, this chic bundled-up look personally reminds me of Dries Van Noten’s latest collection…in other words, I love it!

Alexandra xo