Washed Out

ontheracks (2 of 35)
ontheracks (5 of 35)
ontheracks (9 of 35)
ontheracks (14 of 35)
ontheracks (18 of 35)
ontheracks (4 of 35)

As Grant, Olivia and I have been making our way up the coast, we’ve experienced such varying vibes and energies in the different places we’ve visited thus far. Started in Los Angeles, stopped at the quirky Madonna Inn, then spent a few days in San Francisco…which, while it is a mellow city for the most part, was pretty much nonstop party time (catching up with friends and family while visiting my old stomping grounds). My favorite stop so far was Brookings, Oregon, where we took these photos. Stayed in the perfect condo on a cliff overlooking the most gorgeous beach I’ve ever seen.

The purpose of this trip for me was to take some time to do a little self-reflection, and channel that creative energy that, truth be told, I’ve struggled with tapping into recently living in big, bad New York City. The day we shot these photos (and more!), we all shut off our phones, wandered, and bonded over our unique passions…which, while they vary slightly between the three of us, blend together oh so well. Sometimes you just need a little quiet time with talented and innovative people to bring out that inspiration again.

About halfway through our adventure, but it’s already been pretty life changing. Can’t wait to continue, and share all of the cool shit we’ve been working on.

*head to toe: All Saints tank, American Apparel bra, Suzanne Lay skirt

Photos by Grant Legan

21 Lovely Comments on “Washed Out”

1. international law 12. May, 2014 at 11:50 pm #

I would like to express my gratitude for your kind-heartedness supporting individuals who require help on your concern. Your real commitment to passing the solution all through was wonderfully important and has regularly empowered men and women like me to get to their dreams. Your amazing warm and helpful help can mean much to me and extremely more to my fellow workers. Best wishes; from all of us.

2. Monica J. Clemens 08. May, 2014 at 10:08 pm #

Was checking close by . I recommend your concepts. Do delegate somewhat more of this field ok. Thanks a ton

3. Souri 29. Nov, 2013 at 6:37 am #

AMAZING shots! Love them … ! Shutting off the phone helps sometimes. Do it more often …

4. giedre 21. Nov, 2013 at 12:24 am #

So. freakin. beautiful. I WANNA ROADTRIP, TOOOOOO!!!
    xox
    giedre

5. Elia 20. Nov, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

Hi. May I know whats the name of the hotel you stayed in? You had a photo with a glass behind you. Lovely! Awesome posts :)

Thanks!! It was an amazing condo we found on Air BNB. Shoot me an email at laura@ontheracks.com and I can send you the info! Highly recommend. :)

x

6. Lindsay Truax 20. Nov, 2013 at 11:59 am #

Thus is absolutely stunning. Who gets to take pictures in a cave? You look totally darling. Love the mystical look of it all.

Lindsay
    Pinkandnavystripes.com

7. Lucy 19. Nov, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

These are incredible photos! Could be easily mistaken for a Vogue editorial.. Gorgeous

8. satu 19. Nov, 2013 at 2:57 am #

a very inspiring photos! so beautiful.

9. Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie 18. Nov, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Absolutely breathtaking! I love these shots – The raw background and the flirty, dramatic silhouette are a perfection combination. Lovely! Good luck on your trip!

10. Jennifer 18. Nov, 2013 at 4:58 pm #

Amazing!

xo Jennifer

11. Jessi de Bergerac 18. Nov, 2013 at 11:43 am #

These photos are so beautiful, I especially love the fourth one. Good on you for taking this trip and giving yourself the time to find new inspiration. I’ve been reading your blog for years, your style is endlessly creative and always gives me new ideas.

Thank you so much for the incredibly sweet comment, Jessi. That is my favorite photo too, it really shows how happy and free I have been feeling on this trip after a few trying months. Thanks so much for your kind words and for reading my blog!! Cannot tell you how much it means to me. :)

12. Fashion Snag 18. Nov, 2013 at 11:36 am #

Beautiful shots!

13. christina 18. Nov, 2013 at 9:44 am #

i honestly cannot describe with words how much those pictures effect me!
    they are so beautiful and this term seems to poor to characterize them

Bisous from STYLE FEST

Thank you, Christina!! So glad you like the photos. :) This trip and all the work we’ve been doing while on the road has meant a lot to me, so it makes me to happy to hear you enjoy it. xx

14. nikki 18. Nov, 2013 at 7:34 am #

that skirt is just stunning

xxoo,
    nikki

15. Cheyenne 18. Nov, 2013 at 5:09 am #

Stunning photos!! You look absolutely incredible, so magazine perfect :)
    Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Wow, thank you!!! So appreciate the super sweet comment. I have to credit my good friend / photographer Grant, too – he has such amazing vision. :)

Hope you are having a great week!

16. Stephanie 17. Nov, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

These photos are breathtaking, Laura! So hauntingly beautiful— and you look equal parts happy and pensive. I’m so happy to hear that you’re taking the time to self-reflect and just breathe!

Thank you, Stephanie!! So appreciate the comment / kind words. I think I have been so caught up in the fast paced craziness that is NYC that I forgot how important it is to stop and take a breath. We all deserve a break! :) Hope your November is going well!! xoxo