Let Go And Live

14 Sep

New York City fashion, lifestyle, travel blog: Strappy bra, knit tee, cutoff denim shorts, woven leather heels

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E. M. Forster

This has been one of the most amazingly interesting summers of my life. It has been a fucking roller coaster, but hey, that is what keeps life interesting. I was able to travel around quite a bit, yet still managed to truly enjoy an incredibly HOT and perfectly imperfect time in New York City. After almost three years living here, it is slowly starting to feel like a real home. The city has definitely managed to wrap it’s naughty little fingers around my heart, no doubt about that.

A family friend asked me if I love living here the other day, with the assumption that I was going to respond with something along the lines of “I’m obsessed! OMG, it has, like, totally changed my life!”. Truth be told, that response would be half true. I am obsessed and I have certainly changed (and grown) quite a bit, but I am also so tired. Life here is a constant battle, yet in my opinion it is certainly one that’s still worth fighting.

Seasons change and with this comes the opportunity for fresh, new beginnings. Here is to a fantastic autumn and allowing the world to pick us up instead of knock us down.

*head to toe: Miu Miu sunglasses, Vince woven t-shirt, Pixie Market cutoff shorts, Coach woven heels

Photos by Jono Bernstein

7 Lovely Comments on “Let Go And Live”

1. rupa 17. Sep, 2014 at 3:12 am #

Checking your blog after so long. Love those shorts.

Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

2. Fortune Tarantola 16. Sep, 2014 at 8:03 am #

I recently moved to NYC in March & know exactly how you feel. It’s great & when I return home after a long weekend away, I often get that anxious & excited feeling when first stepping out of Penn Station. NYC just has an air about it. It’s amazing! But at the same time it is so tiring & this is often my answer when others ask me how much I love it — it’s great but it gets to you, the days fly by like a blur & you’re sometimes not sure if you’re living because living in the moment doesn’t quite exist when everyone functions in a ‘New York minute’.

Love your posts, keep it up

xxFTF

3. nikki 15. Sep, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

those shorts are awesome!!
    xxoo,
    nikki

4. Isabel 15. Sep, 2014 at 6:14 am #

Loved reading your words. I just moved to Amsterdam and I can understand what you’re talking about. Wish you a fresh and nice new season!
    BTW, your denim shorts are awesome!

Isabel

5. Jeanne 14. Sep, 2014 at 10:32 pm #

Stunning sunnies and cut offs!
    XO
    Jeanne

6. Natali 14. Sep, 2014 at 9:42 pm #

Great post and way of thinking! I’m so glad to read your blog and have an honest point of view of life and life in NYC.
    I’m moving to NYC soon and this post came in perfect time :) There’s no magical place in this world that will offer you everything on a silver platter, but there are places that are worth fighting for to create a life that you want and there’re places that are SO not worth it and just a waste of time.
    You look beautiful in this outfit and your shoes are just to die for!

7. Fashion Snag 14. Sep, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

I loved your response to your friend’s question! Honesty is so refreshing.