For Manhattan

21 Oct

New York City Fashion, Lifestyle, Travel Blog: Basic tee, skinny jeans, floppy hat, suede booties

Last week my friend Jono and I ventured across the Manhattan Bridge – something I had never done before! It was a pretty solid walk and the weather was completely whack, so I’m glad I decided to keep it casual in my new Big Star jeans, and a basic ATM tee. I love living in a city that offers endless activities…New York, you are anything but boring.

Anyway, I must say I think the Manhattan Bridge is completely underrated. I won’t complain because it wasn’t packed with tourists who insist on stopping every two seconds to take photos (err, JK – guilty as charged), but you also get an incredible view of the Brooklyn Bridge, Financial District, and DUMBO waterfront. Not to mention there is some pretty rad, colorful graffiti that lines the entire stretch.

By now, you probably know that I’m a denim kinda gal. My style has become much simpler over the years, and I pride myself on my robust collection of jeans at this point. Was excited to be introduced to Big Star Denim, by my friends at Lucky Magazine, and even more excited to be given this pair to try out. #BigStarStyle is all about being spirited, adventurous and youthful – three key words that describe how I try and live my life. Their Spring 2015 collection has no shortage of awesome cuts and washes to choose from, so be sure to check it out!

Hope everyone’s week is off to a wonderful start. If you follow me on Instagram you probably saw that I got to escape to Puerto Rico for the weekend to celebrate a good friend’s birthday. It was so gorgeous, cannot wait to share the photos I took…stay tuned! x

*head to toe: Janessa Leone hat, Laguna Pearls necklace, ATM basic tee, Raven & Lily tote, Big Star jeans, Sigerson Morrison booties

Photography by Jono Bernstein

11 Lovely Comments on “For Manhattan”

1. Monica 24. Oct, 2014 at 3:11 am #

Great simple look and your boots are gorgeous! Also I the background is amazing!:)

2. nikki 23. Oct, 2014 at 9:35 am #

i love your necklace!

xx nikki

3. Edina 22. Oct, 2014 at 9:06 am #

Love your long necklace and the jeans are perfection too!

x Edina

Printed or Plain fashion blog

4. Fashion Snag 22. Oct, 2014 at 8:15 am #

Love this simple look!

5. Leah Huang 22. Oct, 2014 at 7:57 am #

Loving this simple ensemble with the stylish touch of accessories! Amazing contrast with some fun background as well. How do you manage to always have friends who are great photographers?! haha

xo,
    Leah

6. Cheyenne 21. Oct, 2014 at 11:52 pm #

You’re so lucky to live on NYC!! I miss going out on adventures and exploring the hidden corners of a city. There’s this excitement and energy in it.
    I like your style because it’s very relatable to what a ‘normal’ person would wear. And jeans are like the best staple ever, I wouldn’t know what I’d do without them.
    Best part is you can always dress them up if you feel like it.

xx Cheyenne

7. Andrea 21. Oct, 2014 at 10:31 pm #

Beautiful look and great pictures! I love that backdrop! :)
    xo Andrea
    Wonderful and Marvelous

8. Jennifer 21. Oct, 2014 at 3:30 pm #

Great looking casual style with colorful graffiti, I love it!

9. Natali 21. Oct, 2014 at 2:35 pm #

Fantastic boots and hat, you look perfect in this casual outfit!

10. Fortune Tarantola 21. Oct, 2014 at 1:46 pm #

I’ve never been across the Manhattan Bridge, I’ll have to check it out! Great jeans & I love the simplicity of your outfit

xxFTF

11. Irina 21. Oct, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

For whatever reason, ever since moving to Manhattan last year I’ve taken on a much more minimalist approach to dressing as well. Your outfit is my idea of perfection.

And can you believe the only bridge I’ve walked across was the touristy Brooklyn Bridge? I’m thinking Manhattan needs to be next!