Hopeless Romantic

9 Jan

New York City fashion, lifestyle, travel blog:  Black cropped top, couture silk wrap skirt, peach snakeskin pumps
0E0A3059

“Find someone who traces the lines in your hands just to feel close to you, someone who believes the ocean is trapped in your eyes.
Find someone who loves the bones in your body and loves the skin that you live in.
Find someone who will help you love yourself.” k.b.g.

I love this quote, and am totally moved by it. I have always been that hopeless romantic, and I think part of me always will be. I hope that’s the case, at least. While at times it causes me tons of pain, I still feel this to be an emotion with inexplicable power that I strongly believe in.

However, one very important thing that I also learned in the past year about relationships, which is easy to glaze over in the final sentence above, is that when it comes to loving yourself there is a very fine line between wanting and needing someone to “help you” reach this state of mind…a state of mind that is vital in that ongoing process of pursuing true happiness.

I want to find someone who will help me love myself more than I already do…you know, once I can figure out how to do that, of course.

So here is to independence…to working hard, being strong, knowing the difference between right and wrong, surrounding yourself with good, honest people — you know, the ones who you share a mutual respect with, and those who lift you higher. And, once you’ve achieved that self-love (and baby, it ain’t easy), here’s to finding someone who you want to share your life and your dreams with. Someone that will bring out your best qualities and vice versa. Someone who, as a very important accessory to your life, believes that the ocean really is trapped in your eyes.

*head to toe: Jenny Bird Shielded earrings (similar style here), LATS cropped top, couture skirt by Willis Brown, Alice + Olivia pumps

Photos by Jono Bernstein, shot at Hotel Indigo

NOTE: Handsome as he is, the cowboy in these photos is not the man I am referring to when I speak of love and relationships. While my dear friend Michael is quite the stallion, we are not romantically involved (I did buy him a slice of 99 cent pizza once, but I wouldn’t exactly call it a date). That said, he certainly isn’t hard on the eyes and it was a very fun photo shoot!!

13 Lovely Comments on “Hopeless Romantic”

1. brittany 07. Nov, 2015 at 6:49 pm #

what dreamzzzz must be made of – btw that modern romance chic elegant edgy look and those shots…im sold ! making me fall in love with indigo and your lifestyle more all the time….x

2. Lilly 07. Nov, 2015 at 6:47 pm #

Ahhh! That skirt is to die for! The color is total perfection. This is a super inspiring post and love that it sort of breaks from the street style norm! Must be fun to do shoots like this. :)

3. kim 07. Nov, 2015 at 6:45 pm #

I, too, am a hopeless romantic. Love this shoot and that guy on the stairwell with you is kind of a babe!!!! Awesome outfit and quote.

4. Lisa Maria Brown 28. Jan, 2015 at 2:09 am #

Love the Fritz Hansen and Arne Jacobsen chair! Planing on buying this amazing chair on Barnebys.

5. Fortune Tarantola 15. Jan, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

I seriously love this post, it holds such great meaning. This is definitely something I’ve been struggling with lately. You live & you learn, but it’s much harder than many think.

xx Fortune

Thanks for the sweet comment and I totally agree — live, learn and keep on going!!! That’s the only way to get through it sometimes. :)

6. Vida 11. Jan, 2015 at 5:14 pm #

I Love that color purple. It is deep and rich. Very nice post!

7. nikki 10. Jan, 2015 at 7:48 pm #

you are beautiful!

xx nikki

8. Jeanne 10. Jan, 2015 at 7:49 am #

Beautiful purple skirt!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne

9. Edina 10. Jan, 2015 at 3:45 am #

You look gorgeous!

Printed or Plain

10. Natali 09. Jan, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

Hahhaah :D You’re so cool and you obviously have a really good friend to pose for you!
    Loved this post and I couldn’t agree more on the views about relationships and surrounding
    yourself with the right people… You live, you learn and the sooner you learn, the nicer your
    life will be.

Haha, yes he is a trooper indeed!! It was a very fun shoot. :) Appreciate the comment, and so glad to hear you agree. It is great reinforcement!! xo

11. Fashion Snag 09. Jan, 2015 at 10:56 pm #

Love the mood of these photos!