Snowed Out

16 Feb

New York City, Paris, Los Angeles Fashion, Lifestyle, Travel Blog: Snow bunny style, hooded fur vest, vintage fur jacket, thermal top, high-waisted denim, studded booties

A couple days ago I was frolicking around sunny Southern California in a swimsuit, and now I’m here, just outside of NYC, standing smack dab in the middle of a baby blizzard. Not only has the bizarre climate proven my attempt at packing for this extended trip to be a failed one (yes, I still plan on returning to Paris), but it kind of feels like these drastic fluctuations are somewhat symbolic of life in general at the moment.

I wake up each morning, try and kick things off with a positive thought or two, and then acknowledge the fact that I have absolutely no idea what the day will bring. Sometimes it’s really exciting and other times it’s a major drag. But, c’est la vie…and the world keeps turning.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. What matters is putting in the effort to take life one day at a time (easier said than done, but always worth a shot). Make necessary adjustments as you go. If you get cold, throw on some extra layers, or borrow your friends furry coat. If you don’t have a friend who will loan you their extra coat, you probably deserve to be cold, so perhaps work on that. And when “figuring it out” starts feeling like a never-ending road, which I actually think it might be, work on changing your outlook. All we can do is try our hardest, to view life as an adventure, and seek out the silver lining along the way.

I might not know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know that the sun will be shining and it’s going to be warmer than today. I also know that I don’t have to feel homeless for the remainder of this month, which is pretty major. Many thanks to Hotel Indigo for providing me with a wonderful shelter to happily hang my impractical wardrobe, the coziest bed I can pretend to sleep in, a quiet escape from panic-inducing NYFW events, and a wonderful rooftop to climb when I feel like dancing with the snowflakes.

*head to toe: Mejuri Wing Earrings (had to see but check ’em out, they are the cutest), vintage coat borrowed from my dear friend Meg (check out these furry jackets for something similar), Pologeorgis hooded vest (more cozy styles here), black high-waisted jeans by Rag & Bone, Isa Tapia Hardy studded ankle boots

Photos by ABSTRACT

[show_shopthepost_widget id=”1405248″]

18 Lovely Comments on “Snowed Out”

1. New arrivals for traditional wears 27. Aug, 2016 at 2:25 am #

Thanking you that you are sharing such an amazing blog with us.

2. Jeni 29. Feb, 2016 at 5:11 am #

That jacket tho…..

The rooftop looks amaze!! I want to go there….but I need to learn to layer first for sure.

3. suman banjarabharat 22. Feb, 2016 at 4:32 am #

you looking gorgeous.

4. Atul Gupta 22. Feb, 2016 at 12:25 am #

Beautiful snow! And a perfect snowy outfit.

5. LIZA 21. Feb, 2016 at 8:06 pm #

Cute!! I miss the snow. I moved from NYC to California…basically the opposite of what you did haha! These shots are amazing! As is your outfit. I will have to check the hotel next time I am headed out east. The hotels in the city can be SO expensive, this seems like an good, quieter alternative. What is the commute like??

Aw, thanks!! I hope you are enjoying California — I was just out there for a week or so. Missing the sunshine, but the snow is certainly fun as well. :)

Def check out Indigo! The commute is super easy — it’s like 15 mins to Penn Station. Not bad at all! Thanks for the comment! xo

6. Alyssa Marie O'Hannah 21. Feb, 2016 at 7:20 pm #

Where do you get your hair cut? I need a good fringe bang like this?

Xoxo,

Alyssa

I get my hair done at the TIGI Academy! Brian Adelman is the master w/ color. Ask for him and tell him that you are my friend, he can set you up with someone for a cut, too, I am sure. ;) He has been my go-to in NYC for the past couple years and I am never going to anyone else. Thanks so much for the sweet comment! xo

7. Sara 21. Feb, 2016 at 7:19 pm #

Give me that jacket! You look so cute. I live right down the street from this hotel. Next time you are in town. Let’s meet up for a drink!

8. Patrick Lyons 20. Feb, 2016 at 7:29 pm #

Looks like a nice cozy get-away from the winter wonderland of the city! I hear Newark is on the rise as well & close to west vill. Via the path train. Especially granted no better views of the city than from jerz…

9. Pat 20. Feb, 2016 at 7:12 pm #

that coat though. hotel looks awesome! probably a good alternative to the city — i hear newark has some great food spots too…nice!

10. Natali 16. Feb, 2016 at 10:52 pm #

Wise words woman, I couldn’t agree more with you on this! Life is not what happens to you but how you accept/ see something and how you react to it. You got this, keep on rocking! :)

11. Daina 16. Feb, 2016 at 10:21 pm #

Looks like a magical (and cold) winter wonderland! Love the boots!

12. Lola 16. Feb, 2016 at 9:07 pm #

Love the fur on look – perfect for the frigid NYC weather. Your writing has always inspired me, I’m going to dance with the snowflakes this week and keep my head up to fight those post-holiday blues. I’ve never been to Hotel Indigo, maybe I’ll book a trip for a little city escape…

The most perfect city escape!! I have been here a couple weeks now and never want to leave! :)

13. Megan 16. Feb, 2016 at 8:48 pm #

omg obsessed with this look! you look like you are in a mini snow globe.

14. Melissa 16. Feb, 2016 at 7:43 pm #

Being from SoCal, I can’t even imagine the cold you are experiencing! Good thing you have good friends to lend you a warm coat! You look adorable!

15. Lily 16. Feb, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

Cute jacket!! It looks cold out but also makes me miss living in a place where it snows. Rooftop of Indigo looks pretty sweet!!!!

xxo